Wednesday 16 March 2011

Overloaded...

I've been recently searching for some information on new campaigns and initiatives concerning consumers; both European and national but I was particularly interested in the Polish market. As it always is with researching, I accidentally found out plenty of websites, portals, databases etc. with informational sources, educational campaigns, tips what rights consumers have, tips what to do, how to behave. Finally I was really lost in multiple, chaotic communications. Not to mention that I felt extremely overloaded with information and simply tired. What made things worse, I found out that even more new initiatives, websites etc. are planed in a foreseeable future... Analyzing all these (of course not exclusively:) sources led me to the important conclusion. We constantly come up with new initiatives rather than master existing ones. We love creating new initiatives but when the dust settles we simply forgot about them. I wonder whether it is wise to start new websites and portals saying "all the same but with different words". Maybe it would be better to concentrate on (just) few. Sometimes fewer is better - I think. Such an undervalued and definitely not well enough (for sure in Poland) database is DOLCETA (http://www.dolceta.eu/). It is an ongoing online Consumer Education project involving 27 countries of the EU, financed by the European Commission. DOLCETA offers online modules which focus on different consumer topics. Very interesting and creative!