Call for Abstracts
UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONSUMER LAW CONFERENCE (UPICLC) 2016: CALL FOR PAPERS
The Department of Mercantile Law at the University of Pretoria will host an international consumer law conference from 20 to 22 September 2016. The conference will focus on relevant developments internationally and nationally in the field of consumer law. The theme is “Towards Aligning Consumer Protection in a Global Consumer Market” and the following aspects of consumer law will be covered:
- The consumer in the financial market
- The over-indebted consumer
- The consumer and defective goods
- The consumer and e-commerce
- The vulnerable consumer
- The consumer and unfair marketing and commercial practices
- The consumer and disclosure
- The consumer and contract terms
- Access to redress for consumers
- Ensuring a fair and competitive market for consumers.
Conference highlights include presentations by renowned international and national experts in consumer law as well as the opportunity to network with colleagues in the global consumer law arena.